Sunday 3 June 2012

Project 1 - Summer Wreath

Amy and I are having a crafty day.  I am making a wreath and my twin sister is making a sequinned heart decoration.  


I will be making a wreath for my front door.


I will be converting this dress in to a wreath!

It's really pretty fabric.  I wore the dress for the past few Summers but I no longer want to wear it. As far as I recall it cost less then €10 so I think I got value out of it - particularly if the wreath turns out nice!


Step by step photos of me making the wreath (Project 1) will follow along with Amy's sequinned heart (Project 2).


Here I am enjoying a lovely lunch prepared by my sister before we started our crafting!  

It was smoked salmon and red pepper hummus on crusty bread with pain au chocolat for dessert.  Delish!





By the way I should mention that this is the first time I've ever made a wreath so fingers crossed that it turns out ok!


First thing you need for the wreath is a polystyrene ring



Remember the dress I showed you at the beginning of this post?
Well I cut it up in to strips and wrapped it around the ring.


Here is half the ring wrapped - I don't know why I am smiling because at this point I have stuck my fingers together twice with the super glue!!!


                            Fully covered polystyrene ring.






  I then put a flower on the bottom right of the wreath



 I then stuck on letters to make up the word "Summer".


A little wreath hanging on Amy's front door!   


- Update -
I gave this wreath to my mother for her front door - she loved it!
My mother joked that it was the only sign of Summer in Ireland as it has been a really rainy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment